Sometimes having two blogs can be burdensome. Like when you think you are posting on one blog and after you hit "publish post" you find out you were posting on the wrong one. Other people, people more experienced with computers and such, would know just how to fix that. It probably involves some cutting and pasting. Anyway, I posted about Super Granny over at my black blog, when really I had intended to put all the descriptions of the costumes over here. I know, you are thinking to yourselves, She has a method to all this? Well, I do. The black blog is much more snarky and full of poking fun at others. The monkey blog is meant to be the stuff my kids will read when they are grown up and want to know why there are no scrapbooks or photo albums.
Maybe it is the particular shape of the fat suit underneath this costume, but something about Jon that I cannot quite put my finger on makes me think of the Grinch dressed up as Santa.
For the last couple of years Jon has been quite sure he wanted to be Santa for Halloween. But always at the last minute he changes his mind. Sometimes I change his mind for him, like last year when I decided we would all be penguins. So this year when he again mentioned Santa, I knew I had to do it. Because he is right at the edge of childhood regarding Santa, if you know what I mean, and next year I seriously doubt he will still be interested. You may recognize Santa's glasses from Super Granny's costume. They both have the same kind. $3.99 at Party City. Jon's beard gives him fits and so he usually wears it pulled down to under his bottom lip. Kind of giving Santa more of a Brigham Young/John Taylor vibe. Anyway, he loved being Santa. He had all the kids telling him at school what they wanted for Christmas. At one point during last night's trick or treating, he told me he wanted to go home to pass out candy at our house, so he could have the kids (the girls) sit on his lap and tell him their Christmas wishes. I predict he will try and resurrect the idea of being Santa for Halloween again sometime in his teen years. I further predict that we are in serious trouble with our little Casanova Frankenstein, come puberty.
2 comments:
hahah, that is so awesome.
jon is the ladies man, nodoubtaboutit.
LOVE IT! You did a bang up job with this costume. Kudos--Big time:)
Post a Comment