Monday, November 2, 2009

Today Is Tommy's Birthday But I'd Prefer You Didn't Mention That To Him




Although today, November 2 is the actual day of Tommy's birth four years ago, we celebrated our selves sick yesterday. We took advantage of his youth and innocence, fudging the truth about his actual birthday just for our own convenience. Because that is the type of parents we are.

It was fun. I made a cake--even though after two trunk or treat parties, a regular Halloween party and of course Halloween night itself, we were in no mood for sweets. I wrapped the presents, we blew up a bunch of balloons and even had party hats! It was like a regular party. Of course the last thing any of us wanted yesterday was a party. But you can't let on to a four year old that you would rather nap off the sugar hangover from the previous night's festivities. So we soldiered on.

Earlier in the day, Tommy was modeling one of his newest looks. Last year's fat suit from his Patrick Halloween costume, plus snow boots. I bet you didn't know that snow boots can be worn backwards. (Tommy has a real knack for re-purposing items of clothing.)


This was fun. Tommy wearing his snow bibs, plus Halloween bucket skates. He scuffled around for quite a while.


The cake! If you have been near the magazine rack at the grocery at any point in the last month, you probably saw this cake on the cover of one of those holiday food magazines. It was easy. I like easy.


Off to Nana and Papa's house for the birthday fete (and dinner!)


Mid-soiree.


Ready to open presents.


Opening presents.


Glowering. (He didn't enjoy being the focus of the birthday song)

3 comments:

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

Really cute cake! Harrison was reporting all about what you do with your kids' Halloween candy. And last week he reported about tattoos and that yours were fake and that President Monson doesn't want us to get real tatoos. He's listening and comprehending more than he probably lets on during class!

shayla said...

What a character...your Tommy! What on earth are you going to do with yourself when your little comic relief goes to school?! Yes, we won't think about that just yet...

Michaelson Family said...

I. love. your. blog.
Hilarious.