Thursday, July 31, 2008

20 Questions with Jos and Jon

Sara did this on her blog and invited us to play along:

1.What is something your mom always says to you?
Josie: JOSIE! (That, usually followed by PUT YOUR PANTS ON!)
Jon: Don't eat because we are almost having dinner.

2. What makes your mom happy?
Josie: When I listen to her.
Jon: When I don't spill things.

3. What makes your mom mad?
Josie: When I don't listen.
Jon: When I leave something out and then Tommy makes a mess with it. (Like the Sharpie??)

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Josie: By being funny.
Jon: When she gets hurt and then Tommy says sorry in a really cute way. (More how Tommy makes him laugh, I'd say.)

5. What was you mom like as a child?
Josie: Tomboy. (Totally inaccurate.)
Jon: She was cute and pretty playful. (Well?)

6. How old is your mom?
Josie: 63.
Jon: How old is she, anyway? I think she is 33. (37, but bless you Jon.)

7. How tall is your mom?
Josie: 4 feet.
Jon: Like 60 1/2 feet. (It's that last half foot. So hard to find pants that fit.)

8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do?
Josie: Spend time with me!
Jon: Doing the dishes. (Obviously.)

9. What does your mom do when you are not around?
Josie: Watch movies when I am in bed.
Jon: She dates or goes to the store. (By dating, I'm sure he means dating PIE.)

10. Your mom is famous for:
Josie: A website. (Blog? I don't have a website.)
Jon: Cleaning up the house.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Josie: Printing. (We do stress penmanship in this house.)
Jon: Cleaning up the house.

12. What is your mom NOT really good at?
Josie: Building a house. (I actually think I am better at building than decorating.)
Jon: She's not too good at agreeing with Dad. (Is it that obvious?)

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Josie: Take care of us.
Jon: Cleans up the house.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Josie: Rice.
Jon: I think, like, Chinese food. (Both of these things I like...but no mention of baked goods?)

15. If your mom could be an animal, what would she be?
Josie: A skunk. (So complimentary, that girl.)
Jon: A monkey.

16. What do you and your mom do together?
Josie: Play Pet Shops.
Jon: Sometimes when everyone is gone we go to a restaurant. (The boy is dreaming here.)

17. What makes you proud of your mom?
Josie: Letting me have 50 Pet Shops. (Also a dream.)
Jon: Buying food for us.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Josie: Starts with J, ends with ie.
Jon: We look a lot a like except for the long hair.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Josie: I don't like hamburgers and she does. (I don't hate them, but don't love them either.)
Jon: She is bigger than me.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Josie: She takes care of me.
Jon: Because I look cute.

6 comments:

Bybee Family said...

Oh Julie! That is so tender! Don't you love the things our kids say! Priceless.....

rebecca said...

Ahhh, new blog look. I love the header. You're a crack up.
This post made me laugh. I'm sure my kids wouldn't say I clean the house so much. Actually, I just might ask my kids a slew of these questions because I'm VERY curious.

Vegor said...

When is Jon going to get his own blog? Or are you afraid of the competition?

the binghams. said...

i def. agree with christian- i think its time. and i too love jon because he is cute.. and because he is the only one of your kids who still lets me snuggle and kiss him to my hearts content!

shayla said...

sooo funny through the eyes of your kids....I guess your house is pretty clean, eh?

Ryan & Keri said...

What will you do when these two turn teenagers??! They're already hilarious!! Oh my gosh!