Seven a.m. we pulled out of the driveway. So we got started a little later than we had hoped, but I doubt that extra hour would have made much difference in our "enjoyment" of the day. A few hours into the trip and all the kids were expressing their disdain at the semi-healthy snacks I had spent hours packing Saturday night. I even packed sandwiches for lunch, so believe me when I say there was MUCH REJOICING when we finally arrived at our destination for the evening (St. George, Utah) and went to In N Out Burger for some down-home fast food. The entire rest of the trip was junky fast food--the kids were in heaven. (Okay, I sorta liked it too.)
We loved St. George, even though it was wickedly hot. After dinner we swam a while in the hotel pool, and then at 9 we drove around to get shakes. Sonic shakes are delicious. I recommend the cookies and cream. We took our shakes and walked around the temple grounds in the twilight. It was 103. It was beautiful. The kids were so exhausted when we got back to our room that they all fell asleep immediately without a peep. It was beautiful.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Road Trip, Day 1
Posted by My Five Little Monkeys at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Just when I was feeling pretty good about our road trip you mention IN-n-OUT. Not fair! Those burgers are heavenly. I really could use one for my post 70+ hrs. in the car road trip therapy.
And yes, kids falling asleep lickety-split upon hotel arrival IS a beautiful thing!
Post a Comment