My three middles are off track (year round school lingo for not in class) from now until the end of September. And don't think I don't know that this train is about to be derailed. Off the track. But so what if my couch and all the kitchen chairs have already been appropriated for use in the construction of blanket forts in the living room? The big news is I GET TO SLEEP IN and our evenings will no longer be dominated by children spending an hour trying to wheedle out of 15 minutes of homework.
I know that this must sound horrifying to all you moms out in the civilized world that are just catching your breath from school starting last week, but here in Crazytown we started the school year back on July 8. JULY 8, PEOPLE.
This week is Cookin School, so check back soon for our first day, working title: Bread Day (or, Into each life there must fall a little rain).
Monday, September 8, 2008
Choo Choo (Cuckoo)
Posted by My Five Little Monkeys at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey Julie,
So I totally agree with you on the year round school thing and sleeping in. We're not on tracks but when we were I LOVED the first 2 weeks off. By the 3rd I was ready for them to go back to school until about 3 days into the "schedule". Then I was ready to go off track again! Can't wait to see the BREAD DAY!
Post a Comment