Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cookin School: Cookies!

Finally! We are getting to the good stuff. Cookies. We had lofty goals for today's Cookin School. Three different types of cookies! We were only able to make two of the three, on account of a shortage of brown sugar and interest from the children, but hey! Two different types of cookies was still a lot for this ragtag bunch of dreamers.

Is the kitchen freezing cold or unseasonably hot? We are keeping you guessing. Jon doffed his shirt at some point in the morning (I didn't even notice that he didn't have a shirt on until I loaded the pictures later, because nudity at our house--if not encouraged--is definitely ignored for the most part. ) and Tommy was cozy in his hooded Spidey shirt.

Round 1: A double batch of Tollhouse.

Muscling our way through a pound of butter, among other things.

You have no idea how helpful this little guy is to the cookie making process.

Did I mention these were Tollhouse made with M&M's? Lots and lots of M&M's.

My little cookie making minions. Pick up the pace, Tommy!

Round 2: Magic cookie bars. Usually here at KoncharManyBlessings, we try to stay above politics. But Josie really wants you to vote for Pedro. (We had chiminichangas for lunch yesterday.)

Crushing the graham crackers for the crust.

These bars really are magic. Why, anything that includes a can of sweetened condensed milk has got to be magical. Chocolate chips and coconut also doesn't hurt.

Here we are ready to deliver a few of the cookies to our friends on our street.

Tomorrow is our last day of Cookin School. I have a great final project planned. And don't miss next week:

Outdoor Ed

2 comments:

rebecca said...

You, my friend are one awesome mama. Your kids look like they are enjoying Cookin' School...I know my kids would have a blast too. The cookies look yum!

jensenfamily said...

looks like fun! Erin