Cookin School is almost done, and judging by the looks on these faces, not a moment too soon! Pizza night was actually a hit, but our culinary zeal is definitely waning.
***I am so excited! I finally have a recipe to share. It is my no-fail Martha Stewart pizza crust. The crust is pretty basic, but I have yet to ruin it, so I can confidently say this pizza crust is fool proof! I tripled the recipe and made 5 minis and two regular sized pizzas. Doubling the recipe will give you two cookie pan-sized pizzas. A single batch yields two 12 inch rounds.
1 cup warm water
1 packet yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 TBSP. oil
2 3/4 cups flour
Put yeast together with water in a bowl. I add 1/4 teaspoon sugar to this. Once yeast bubbles, add the other ingredients and knead for a bit. Let dough rise in the bowl or don't. Either way works. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Preheat oven to 500. Make up your pizzas and cook them for approximately 10 minutes total. I like to use the lower racks, so that the crust gets nicely browned. Yup. 10 minutes and your pizza is done!
3 comments:
When I was preggers with Wesley I taught Christina a few easy dinners to make, and for a while she would make dinner on Friday nights. When Wesley was born she was a great help...some nights she'd make dinner with no help at all. Pizza bagels was one of the dinners I taught her, and probably the one that stuck most. Your post makes me think I should give dough making another try. I'm going to include my kiddos, as you so bravely did, and present this fun recipe...IN pie tins (Genius!!!)
My other thought with this very inspiring post is that when I master this recipe, I will use it for my RS meal planning group where we make a mass quantity of freezer meals to share with the other sisters in the group and they do the same. Pizza sounds like a winner.
So, THANKS! I'm lovin' this info!
Your monkeys can make my monkeys dinner anytime.
Pie thinks that in the spirit of authenticity, I should tell the truth about that first picture entitled "unbridled enthusiasm" and the truth is, Jon tooted just before I took that picture. Go back and look at Calvin's face, and Jon's. Classic.
Post a Comment