Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baby Guy Turns 3


Sunday Tommy turned three and I thought I might mark the occasion by telling you three things about him that you may not already know:
1. Sure Tommy gets into a lot of scrapes--most of which I chronicle on my blogs--but for the most part he is a very easy kid. He has been our best sleeper (something not to be quickly glossed over when one has five children) and is just a mellow kid. He adores his older siblings and frequently asks me during the school day "Where are the children?" Tommy only uses his amazing powers for evil when he is bored. As long as there are some other kids around, he is happy to stay out of the food coloring and peanut butter (and Vaseline, cake flour, powdered sugar, vitamins, bread, Tilex, baby wipes, diaper cream, nail polish, markers, dish washing tablets, toothpaste, hair wax, and etc.)
2. Tommy loves to take a bath or a shower. In fact, if someone starts the tub they better be prepared to share.
3. Tommy patiently puts up with a lot of hugs and kisses from all of us--he totally lets me make out with him all the time. Moms, you know what I am talking about.

8 comments:

Wayne said...

Hair wax? I bet he's a Dapper Dan man.

Julie K said...

Well, he sure as **** don't want FOP!

Adrienne said...

It seems I'm the only one unaffiliated.
Seriously, I love Tommy. And I've only had the honor of hanging out with him, what, twice? So I'm going to grab him and hug him and squeeze him and name him George next time I see him, and he will wonder who the HECK crazy second cousin whatever am I.
But 3 is an awesome age. Can't wait to see the next episode in Adventures with Tommy!

the binghams. said...

you make out with him?
I think Pie needs to golf less.

oh Tommy, i love you so much. He is the only one of your kids that I wasn't totally involved with during their entire childhood (0-2)- that damn mission thing :) but i love him all the same.

he has really won me over.

happy happy birthday!

My Five Little Monkeys said...

You'll be a mommy soon enough--then you'll see.

Kelly B said...

Ah, the mommy make-out... how can you keep yourself from kissing those little cheeks off?!? He's so stinkin' cute. Hair wax and all. (Though I much prefer the chocolate frosting!)

Sarah said...

Time goes by so fast he's already 3?! Are you sure you're not ready to have another?

shayla said...

...and that pic pretty much sums your cutie patootie up. Here's to many more happy bdays!