And we couldn't be more pleased. In the 13 years we've lived here, this is the first time the snow has come so late in the year. Not that we are complaining.......it's just that snow before Christmas is so seasonal and fun. Baking cookies, sled riding, stomping around the snow in the backyard. Check back with us in February, when our attitudes will have become considerably less romantic. Because is there anything more depressing than a blizzard showing up to freeze all of the buds off the trees? I just say no to snow in May. Don't you?
Josie out braving the elements. That is her bike behind her, rusting away. We must have told her 47 times to put it in the garage. (Did you ever do this to your Barbie's legs?)
Heading off to goof around at the bus stop across the street. Remember my kids waiting for the bus dressed up for Halloween? Thank you, Mother Nature, for cooperating for a change.
The sun. It won the battle about an hour after the kids got picked up by the bus. No shoveling today!
12 comments:
I like Josie's half-heart she stamped in the snow (it looks almost accidental, even!). Holy winter wonderland. Well, if it's snowing SOMEWHERE, then at least I can justify my holiday shopping, right?! La la la ... how festive of me. Maybe I need to go eat some cookies to prove my festivosity.
Hey...I tried to comment on your other blog and it wouldn't let me. HOW RUDE!! Anywho...I just wanted to say that I WANT a Christmas card. Last year, in lieu of the letter, I posted my blog address. It was a total cop-out, but I was too daunted by the braggart, travel-log, ensign article possibilities to even know where to begin.
I am very much NOT ready for snow. I like it to come closer to Christmas, definitely by Christmas, but not quite yet.
I do love all of the stuff that comes with it...warm quilts, hot chocolate, UGGs, soup, etc. It definitely is a good thing for us home-bodies.
I'm going to try to comment on your other blog, but if I can't (just read the Christmas letter post in Reader), I loved your Christmas letter analysis. Some simply crack me up. I love getting them too, and hope the rising cost of stamps doesn't keep too many folks from sending them out this year.
I'm a slacker and usually end up with a family photo which in and of itself is a major accomplishment for my family! Seriously!!! So when you don't get a long letter from us, please look at our photo and appreciate that simple miracle:)
I am jealous I hated having to go anywhere in the snow but I loved watching it fall while inside our warm apartment.
So, what's your prob--why no comments enabled in your other blog? That just forces us to come to this blog and comment on the other blog...because you know, we just can't resist. Is this a ploy to up your feedjit? You know we read ALL of them anyway and nearly pee our pants, and isn't it fun to receive sarcastic and also 'you're the best' comments back after you write what should also be included in a local newspaper/online column? That wasn't a run-on sentence.
Just so you know, I'm sending out a Thanksgiving card this year...so I'll get you started on critiquing holiday cards early on! Haha I'm the same way. So, with that, I need you to send me your address.
And, the seasons must be confused because here in San Diego today it's supposed to be 90-95 degrees with not a cloud in the sky & those golly gosh wonderful santa ana's. I think I'd take the snow though at this point (ungrateful little southern californian, I know). I'm kind of sick of summertime in November. So go have fun in that snow and think of me, with my sweaty pits sipping lemonade at yet another soccer game.
But WHYYYYY??!!!!! hahaa I'm just the annoying friend.
I agree with Shay, you are smart.
julie.. don't do this. think of all the good times we've had. do you really want to take that away?
give us another chance.
i am in mourning over the loss of our commenting privileges. i feel like i might as well move to cuba- so this is what it feels like to no longer be free.
Oh you people! I thought you would be happy with this. Can't you see I'm doing you a favor? You can read both and only comment once! Or not comment at all!
that is offensive julie. just plain offensive.
Damn!
I've gone and read every conference talk I could find on not getting offended.
It's not helping.
I'm offended like an offended old lady in RS.
Yes, but are you shocked and appalled as well?
Post a Comment