Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Little Furniture Models

Yesterday morning the twins and I headed out to Uncle Mark's work (American Furniture Warehouse) for a little photo shoot. Mark does the ads for AFW on line and in the paper and needed some kids to appear in the ads. Conveniently, both Josie and Jon are kids themselves and so it all worked out.

We got there an hour before the store opened and got right to work in Mark's studio--a huge loft-like space full of lights and cameras and exciting props like lap-tops, TV remotes and unopened cans of root beer. It was really fun!

The kids were pretty cooperative (rarely blinking at the wrong time) and they quickly adjusted to the schedule:

For the person who is being photographed:

Sit on chair, looking where you are told
Look pleasantly interested
Try to make your hands look natural (honestly, so much harder than it sounds!)

For the person who is waiting their turn outside the studio:

Hide in the panels of hanging rugs
Recline in all of the recliners
Take a ride on the furniture trolley

Even though our shoot only lasted an hour, the kids had a blast and managed to miss the first two hours of school. Sometime in the next few weeks the pictures will start showing up in the newspaper ads. I might even have to actually buy a paper!

A few of the highlights, for your viewing pleasure.......

The pink fluffy chair, so hard to maintain good posture in that thing!

That remote sadly didn't go to anything.

Ha! I couldn't get Jon to relax his shoulders in this one, but had to include it because he got to hold that can of root beer. After we left Jon sighed and said, "I really wish I could have had that root beer." I'm sure that will be the thing he remembers most about the day.

But he also loved this lap-top.


This is Jon's favorite show.


This bean bag thing had a real static electricity issue. Notice Josie's hair. Something tells me this one won't make it into the paper.

And now we're just being silly. I think it was right after this that Uncle Mark said we were all done and he had all the pictures he needed!

Thanks Uncle Mark! You are one patient guy.

2 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

Wow! They're pros! Love the last one! haha

Michaelson Family said...

These are too funny! I have missed you. Welcome back!!!!!!! How come thet didn't need a Mom in the pictures? You would have been great.