I know. Slacker. And I have no excuse. Or rather I have 5 excuses. Five intractable, insistent, insatiable excuses, cluttering up my house something fierce. They are loud and rarely put things away, but on the other hand they are mine and I can't help but love them (at least that is the take-away message I get from Jesus each Sunday).
I'm not even going to pretend to review the months since my last post. A lot of stuff happened. I'm sure some of it was good and some of it was bad but apparently it was all forgettable, so I'm not going to sweat it.
On to the NOW......
A few weeks ago Jon attended his first Cub Scout Day Camp. He loved it. I went too (for the first day) and I loved it. Have I mentioned the cool women who make up our ward's Cub Scout program? They even make hanging out in the sun for 4 hours fun. By far the best part about this camp was the time it was held--- 4 to 8 pm. Sweet. The days were hot but they only got cooler. I vote we ALWAYS have twilight camp instead of day camp.
Tanner's mom Holly went the second day and took these pictures. Isn't she something?
Jon, Josh and Tanner. Notice how Jon is wearing his hat rolled up above his ears, in a manner that provides as little shade as possible. Awesome.
Soap carving. His hands smelled fantastic that day.
Tanner and Jon, walking off into the sunset. Thanks for the pictures, Holly. You are a much better mother than I am!




2 comments:
I think that other kid is Porter Welch. Did I see with in front of the church with a sling on your arm? Are you okay?
I love your take away messages. They warm my cockles. Really.
Post a Comment