Friday, May 16, 2008

Monkeys


Last night Josie and Jon went to Ethan S's birthday party at Jungle Quest. It is one of those gyms where they harness the kids up and then they can swing on ropes, zip on zip lines, climb rock walls, etc. It is very fun for all involved and they even let us parents suit up so we can pretend we are 7 again. We had a blast and judging by my sore body this morning, some of us had so much fun we were lucky we didn't end up at the chiropractor. (Please excuse yet another poor quality cell phone pic, I really don't know what to say. I can't help myself.)

Earlier yesterday, Tommy was off doing deeds when I heard him call to me "Tommy fall down", although when I found him I realized that what he meant to say was "Tommy DON'T fall down", because there he was, at the top of the stairs. The outside of the top of the stairs.
It is possible that my unsuitably calm reaction to the scene I found is due to my unwavering faith in his physical abilities. Or it could be just a lack of appropriate adrenaline response. It is most likely a bit of both, after having endured years of Josie scaling any tall vertical surface, only to balance herself precariously thereon. Fences, filing cabinets, flag poles, what-have-you.
Now you understand why I have developed a twitch.

3 comments:

the binghams. said...

the cutest monkeys i have ever seen.
i am excited to see you in JULY!

the binghams. said...

my friends are reading my blog FOR YOU!
crazy. read comments on the new designs blog

Ryan & Keri said...

All of your kids are climbers, huh? You are one busy mother!