This past week has been all about the dentist. For three days this week, my car has been pointed in the direction of Dr. Lindsay's office with various combinations of my children in tow. Tuesday at noon it was Calvin and Tommy. Wednesday morning at 9 (9! Not a leisurely morning in the Konchar household!) we had Calvin again (to get his molars sealed), Josie and Sid. Josie got her two front gerbil teeth pulled and Sid had his regular check-up/cleaning. I had been so excited to report that after my four youngest children had been checked--NO CAVITIES! But then when Calvin was back in the chair the next day, the dentist found one teeny tiny baby cavity. So Calvin, you ruined our perfect record. And then Sid. I wasn't even hoping for good news from that mouth. As I have mentioned, he got the raw end of the deal, tooth enamel wise, and so I was expecting some plans for major drilling. He did not disappoint. Three cavities--although two were in baby teeth so just the one filling--but that cavity was in a permanent molar. I guess it could have been worse. And the dentist said we were at least a year away from talking to the orthodontist. Yay for delayed teeth, is my verdict! Pie went later on Wednesday (thankfully he drove himself) and then Thursday morning was my appointment.
I'm sure that previous paragraph held you just riveted. Anyway, those appointments were not completely without entertaining moments. Behold:
Tommy actually shocked us all by his complete cooperation. I think his most difficult moment came when he was asked to wear a bib. His best moment was when the hygeinist put a rubber glove on his hand. Heaven! Here he is all finished, looking upon his new Woody toothbrush with delight.
Now Josie getting her teeth pulled the next day was another matter. You know that part in Elf, when Will Ferrell's character is at the doctor to get his blood drawn? How he won't sit still or shut up and he keeps eating the cotton balls? Well, that was pretty much Jos. She was so nervous but instead of whimpering or hyperventilating, she just was hyper. I think I could have handled a total freak out better than her reaction. She was all over the chair and asking a million questions and constantly picking up the hand mirror and making faces at herself. She repeatedly asked for laughing gas. It was bad. My eyebrows were having a fit at her. Eventually she got her shot (her main cause of concern) and then it was smooth sailing. Those little teeth came right out and now she makes that cute lisp when she talks. We of course will never mention that to her.
So with the exception of a filling for Sid scheduled next month, we Konchars are done with the dentist until Christmas. I am very happy.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Dental Office: Invasion Of The Konchars
Posted by My Five Little Monkeys at 8:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment