Coach Trevor runs Apex Allstars, the gym Josie, Jon and Tommy all go to. Trevor is Josie's long-suffering gymnastics teacher. This is Trevor and Vanessa's engagement photo. They got married last month in Hawaii and last night at a nearby park held their very casual "gym reception". I cannot praise them enough for planning such a family friendly venue and menu. We dined on hot dogs, potato salad and all the varieties of chips any child (or husband) could dream of. The gym owns huge inflatable climbing structures that they brought to the park. This picture is of the slide inflatable. It is really tall.

While looking for Tommy, I made my way over to the big slide just in time to see him slide down, followed by some random guy I didn't know. They both climbed out of the slide, and the guy says to his friend "Did you just see that? This kid is awesome!" and then he scooped Tommy up in his arms and ran around to the back of the slide for another go. This is the picture I snapped of them on their second trip. Tommy is clearly thrilled. That is the guy behind him. It was kind of funny to watch, especially since Tommy enjoyed it so much. Had he cried, I would have had to get all
Mamma Bear on the man who took him. After this, Pie took him about 12 more times, that is, when he wasn't trying to fling the dinner out of him on the swings.

As you can see from this next picture, it is imperative that all of Josie's skirts have little shorts
attached to them. Josie's super cute outfit of red plaid skirt and yellow tie dyed "Vote for Pedro" shirt (accessorized by an adorable green barrette) was put together special for this occasion because a girl can spare no effort on her appearance when attending her coach's reception. Poor
Jos. She is in the uncomfortable situation of having a crush on Coach Trevor. She doesn't know what to do with herself. It is definitely new territory for her. And as Coach Trevor innocently ignores her
presence throughout the evening (except to occasionally ask her to move out of a picture being taken), my heart breaks a little for her. Thank goodness she is still immune to the cute boys in her school class. I can't take the pressure!

And guess who caught the bouquet! She was so proud. And I was so mystified. Where did my She-Ra girl go? The one who just told me 2 days ago "I don't want to be a teenager! I know I'll just fall in love--
AND I'LL HATE THAT!"
3 comments:
oh that is so classic. i love that little hellin
If I were you I don't think I'd want to see Josie as a teenager either! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
I LOVE the outfit! Josie is so funny! I remember having a crush on my babysitter when I was a little girl. He told me he would marry me if he wasn't married when I was old enough to get married. It's funny to look back on.
Post a Comment