Sorry to all those people who are not fans of The Office, because you won't get the title of this post. Also, you are lame, because The Office is a good show. (Stop being lame.)
Forty percent of my children went to the dentist this morning, and it was all (goofy) grins, with nary a cavity among 43 teeth. Yes, Josie and Jon have 3 extra teeth between them. Jon has one snaggle baby tooth still hanging on, even as the grown up tooth is almost completely revealed behind it. It is practically sideways in his mouth and I always make a point of brushing it vigorously each time I get the chance, in the hope that it will soon fall out. Josie has two grown-ups lined up behind the bottom two baby teeth that are still in her head, a condition I like to refer to as "shark teeth". The girl is nearly 7 and hasn't lost a tooth! Those two baby teeth, which she is quite proud of because they look like "gerbil" teeth (and really, who wouldn't want rodent teeth?) will be yanked out in about a week.
I was actually rather shocked as the hygienist kept commenting on the good oral hygiene practiced by Josie and Jon. Really? Are you kidding me? I was thrilled....yet disbelieving. Why just this morning before we left, I told them to go upstairs and brush their teeth. Their response? "But Mom! We're not going to bed! Why should we brush our teeth now?" Yeeaahh, a revealing exchange regarding the brushing habits of my children.
Next week, the rest of my children will be getting their teeth checked. I'm predicting a lot of fillings for both Calvin and Sid. Those poor kids, in addition to the Soelberg color blindness they also inherited the Pedersen tooth enamel. I further predict that the hygienist will not be able to get Tommy to sit in the chair or open his mouth. Looking forward to those appointments next week!
5 comments:
jos's hair is so long. and shimmery.
maybe thats why he became a dentist...
I agree! Stop being lame people, you're missing out on so much! Hope the appointments went well!
Laughing Out Loud here! Mostly at the thought of your mom posting anything unclean. Ha ha! Tell Josie that late-tooth-losers rock! I didn't lose my first tooth until the day I was baptized. 8 years old!!!! But congrats on such a good dental report card, and particularly on the money that this will save you. Brush up, kids! Mommy is saving up for a "Crazy Mommies Camping Trip"!!!
Oh it's always fun to find another Office fan!! I should have known that only cool people watch it... Your kids are so adorable! I get a kick out of reading all of the crazy stories. I'm sure it's not all that fun to experience it first-hand, but it sure makes for some great entertainment!! Keep it up!
Post a Comment