Yes. It's exactly what it looks like. McDonald's on a park bench. I have officially quit trying to impress you people! And since we are being frank, I'll just go ahead and admit that I prefer McDonald's to Burger King. I've been kind of keeping it on the down-low because everybody likes to make fun of McDonald's--it's like the Wal Mart of the fast food dining experience, but you know what? Whenever I go to either of those places they are always totally busy. Explain that!
This is a little "pocket park" that is near the house we used to live in. The children are overcome with emotion.
It has a gazebo that my kids always enjoy climbing on. Once Calvin was stung by a yellow jacket here when he was three. He called it a green jacket. Again, the child is color blind.

Monkeys.

Just one of my many photo ops gone awry.

This is what the sky looked like today. The temperature at the time this picture was taken was 78. But the funny thing about Colorado is, whether it is 19 or 101, the sky looks pretty much just like this. It doesn't bother me a bit that it is rarely a perfect 75 outside, because from inside my house (inside my pajamas) it is always nice.

The kids did a lot of this:

Followed by this:

Along with a goodly amount of this:

I took this picture from a bench lying down. Lunch and sunny weather always makes me want to close my eyes and not talk. Please note Jon tormenting bees in a bush, and Josie's pink snow boots. Josie was thoughtful to put them on Tommy's feet for our trip to the park, because she couldn't find his sandals. She is nurturing, in her own way.

I started to get the idea that maybe it was time to head back to the house.



Today I was hoping that the children would not only have fun (they did) but that the park would somehow be a place of discovery (it was). Josie discovered Jon peeing behind a tree, and all of the children discovered a ring of tarantula poop (tree roots). Edutainment? Maybe.
3 comments:
Way to keep it real with the McD's...seriously!
So, did your kids pull the, "Remember when..." at their old stomping ground? It cracks me up to here this phrase, esp. from my younger 3. It's even funny coming from the older kids b/c they sound so seasoned with life experiences:)
Those last pics of Tommy remind me of my Wesley... total blanket boy (ANY blanket, even Grace's bed quilt will do). I love it.
Oh totally, Becca. They walked all over the place noting: I remember that tree! Mom! Remember when we came here and we saw that dog peeing? Remember when....it was a regular walk down memory lane.
Shay, I DID have curly hair. Curly hair because I spent lots of time and money every few months on a spiral perm. Every time I booked an appointment, I would always be really apologetic about how long my hair was and how much time the hair person would need to book (like 5 HOURS) but then I would get to the appointment and the hair person would still be really annoyed. I always overtipped because of my shame. So the moral of this tale? No curls to pass on to my progeny.
Post a Comment