Josie loves gymnastics now. There was a time in the not-too-distant past when Josie was all like "I hate gymnastics!" and stuff, but now she really loves it. Her specialty is the cartwheel and she has got 31 flavors of those. One handed, two fisted, elbow, arms hooked together inside the long sleeves of her shirt. Really any kind a 7-year-old Marylou type can think up. She is a cartwheel monster and cannot--can not--watch TV or have a conversation without doing a cartwheel every 3.4 seconds. You think I am joking.
Anyway, in addition to cartwheels she has now mastered the art of the back walkover. I guess I shouldn't say "mastered" it because that implies that her toes would be pointed and her legs would be straight, but she now does them without landing on her head and without me "spotting" her, which is great for me because I think I was starting to develop some sort of serious arm injury from keeping her body aloft and her head off the floor. I'm not kidding! My arms were killing me.
So here is a professionally produced video of a few of her tricks. Never mind Tommy's little moment on camera. He was a total disappointment. (Also please disregard the sad little white tree--yet to be decorated--in the corner.)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
The Gymnastic Stylings of Jos
Posted by My Five Little Monkeys at 10:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, Jo is so good! I think she is our next gold medalist in gymnastics!
I love that you put your Christmas Tree in the video. It mad me laugh...I should come and help you with that tree. It looks a bit sad.
Ach! I said "disregard it"!
Grace and Christina had a looksee with me and we were all very impressed with Josie's skills. She is far more limber than anyone in our family. I was hoping for a cannonball from Tommy. I love that you have a Christmas tree in your room, Have fun dressing it up!
nice work josie- you're living up to your cool aunt who won a cartwheel contest at California Cartwheels in the '90s. (i am talking about myself) i was the same way, i would do cartwheels all down the isles of the grocery store and when we moved from CA to CO i remember feeling so trapped in the car that i would get lots of gravel in my pudgy little hands as we stopped at gas stations.
mini me, i love you Jos.
She is the gymnast I could only dream of being when I was 7---seriously, don't you remember the '84 olympics (okay, I was 11) and wanting to be MaryLou? I'm impressed with her skills & limber nature. What # tree is that? You weren't kidding about your fetish! What a nice, big room!
K, the best part of the video is NOT EVEN KNOWING TOMMY IS THERE, until he emerges nakey and triumphant from the pillows. I love it. I love Josie.
Post a Comment