Saturday, November 29, 2008

We Are Thankful For The Walkers


This picture does not include Sid and Grant, who were present but didn't make it into the photograph. I took lots of other pictures that were totally blurry. What a disappointment! Who messes up point and shoot pictures? It's embarrassing. As I get older, I seem to find more and more ways to have technological mishaps.

Yesterday evening our good friends from Montana came to visit. Ed and Kathleen Walker and their 5 children. I will now take this time to remind you that 5 + 5 = 10. Kelly, Grant, Sid, Calvin, Craig, Josie, Jon, Grace, Audrey, Tommy. Ten kids! It was really fun and surprisingly peaceful. We all enjoyed homemade pizza and ice cream cones. After we had eaten ourselves sick, we put the kids to bed and stayed up late talking about everyone we know. Ed and Kathleen used to live here until May 2006 when they moved to Billings. It was a really sad time back then and everybody cried because the Walkers are just the type of people to inspire serious tears when they packed up and left town. (I'm talking unflattering, gasping, blotchy-faced tears as opposed to decorous weepy sniffling.) But now we get to enjoy their visits! It's fun.

Then this morning we met up with some local friends the Carley's and all 20 of us ate breakfast at IHOP. 14 kids, 6 adults, 1 baffled server and numberless other unsuspecting IHOP patrons caught in the crossfire. We trust we put on a good show for everyone.

Walkers, we miss you already.

3 comments:

Michaelson Family said...

Your cheesecake was amazing! I am so impressed.
What I am really excited about though is to find out what my Christmas present is going to be this year. I am sure you will find the perfect internet gift!
Can't wait!

the binghams. said...

you forgot to mention on the black blog light enhanced walmart buddahs. just thought i would mention that. So your guests are gone? good, i want to call you.

Michaelson Family said...

I am SURE she can't make a cheesecake like the one you made. (But then again you didn't offer any to me to try out. Thanks for sharing by the way).
I guess you will just have to prove your cheesecake to the world. For all we know you took a picture off Yahoo images and claimed it as your own. :)