Saturday, November 1, 2008

Patrick

When I was really little (probably 4) my parents took us to visit some of their friends. Their friends had a bunch of little kids and one of the kids, a boy, was my age. I remember we didn't get along particularly well until we were just about to leave that evening, when the boy came in wearing his jammies. Obviously a hand-me-down from one of his older sisters, he was wearing a fuzzy pink sleeper. This immediately caused me to reevaluate him as a prospective friend. I mean, pink was my favorite color. His name was Patrick. True story.


Tommy loved trick or treating. At the end of a 1/2 hour at a slow waddle from house to house, he was still interested in acquiring more candy. I was ready to drop him off at home with Pie so I said, "Now it is time to go home and eat your candy!" That was all it took.
Tommy loves his Patrick Star costume. He is wearing it right now. It is hot and rather tight in the head/face region, difficult to get into and out of, and it really does make his bottom look big--but you won't hear him complaining. I just hope this doesn't instill in him a life-long love of pink fuzzy sleepers. Because that would be weird.


(Please click on the top photo to check out the belly button. My favorite part.)

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Great costume. This could be a very good thing for those busy hands.

Kelly B said...

You never cease to amaze me on Halloween... one of these years I am hoping you will stoop to the level of us mere mortals and BUY a costume for your kids, if only to make your bff feel better about herself! :) Love, love, love the Patrick costume! Won't be showing it to my Sponge-Bob-obsessed kids, lest they ask me to whip one up for them.