(In the following post about the kids I teach at church, I have included pictures but taken out the names. Hope all you parents are okay with this, because your kids are just too cute to not post these pictures.)
For the past two years I have been teaching the 5 year olds in Primary. They are adorable. I have always loved serving in Primary, but I think I may have found my ideal age group in the 5's. They are sweet. They are funny. They fight over who gets to sit on my lap during sharing time.
A few months ago C, one of my peeps--and the boy with possibly the most gorgeous crystal blue eyes I have ever seen--came over to make cookies with me. It was so fun that I decided that the rest of the class would have to join in. So this morning the other two boys in the class came over. And then after lunch it was the three girls.
The original cookie party, just me and C and enough colored sprinkles for a few hundred cookies. Here is C, vacuuming up sprinkles. Way to put your back into it son!
And now for the girls! N, S and A decorating their cookies. After we had baked the cookies but before we decorated them, the girls and Josie were running around and squealing, in that way girls do, and I told them NO MORE SQUEALING (but in a really fun way because, hey, I'm a fun teacher) when S said "But we are just so excited about the frosting and the sprinkles!!!" Me too, S. Why do you think I make these cookies anyway?
Miss N. The cutest helium voice you have ever heard. And this girl knows her stuff. Stamped out her cookies on her own. Frosted them herself (and sprinkled them unassisted) in no time flat! Her mother would probably like for me to explain to you at this point that she is wearing her pajamas to our cookie party because it was pajama day at school. But I told her mom, the only reason I wasn't wearing my pajamas is because I showered before the party, so, you know, I figured I'd just get dressed.
Cutie-patootie S. She spent all last Sunday's class talking with a South'n accent. Just about the funniest 5 year old on the planet. You cannot see it, but frosting all OVER that shirt. (Plus adorable stripey tights, also frosted.)
Miss A. She arrived with a little chocolate treat for me and the other girls and also brought her lip gloss--something she always has on hand. A is the little sister to two older brothers and the big sister to GGB triplets. She colors handouts in class and decorates cookies with the same attention to detail. She is not interested in slapping some sprinkles on and calling it done, let me tell you. I helped her decorate some of her cookies, because by the time she finished frosting each cookie, the icing had hardened to the point where the sprinkles wouldn't stick. But check out her perfect cookies!
Last Sunday I was given the list for next year's class. Five little 5's, all girls. I have already dubbed them "My Little Ladies".
3 comments:
nic and i want to be called to the primary like nobody's business (except maybe it is the bishop's business)
once we substituted and it was so fun. at the end nic was like: we get to go home? church is over? it's been 3 hours? this is the best thing ever.
so, i am jealous. are you happy? I am jealous of YOU.
Yes, a calling you do WHILE YOU ARE ALREADY AT CHURCH, Sharing Time (which is a song-and-dance production put on by the chorister and the Primary presidency every week for my own entertainment), Singing Christmas songs while rattling a jingle bell, cute kids that say things like "When I am 700 years old I will be SO STRONG, I will be able to lift up my house", etc. What is not to like about Primary?
So I am here to tell you YOU ARE a glitter girl, apparently. You own glitter for your cookies and you glittered them..well, the 5 year olds did, but you did too! So really, no different than glittering a cup. Primary IS the greatest. HOly cow--and now I'm seeing that you also glittered stockings on the post below---I'm SO making you a glitter cup because you obviously love the stuff.
Post a Comment