Poor, sweet, cooperative, pleasant Calvin. So quiet, so not needy, so easily given the short shrift here on the blog. Today my intent is to introduce you more fully to this skinny little guy--kid #2, bookworm and picky eater.
Here is Calvin in all his epidermal glory. Calvin used to be a chubby baby and toddler. But now he is rather skinny. Sometimes this really worries me. This picture was taken after a big meal, and oddly enough, on a day we didn't go swimming.
See what I mean? Hey Calvin, Victoria Beckham called and wants her collar bones and rib cage back.
Sometimes I think Calvin is so skinny because he is a picky eater. But he's a nice picky eater. And by that I mean if he doesn't like what I'm cooking, he generally just looks sad and skulks away. Not like Josie. She is a mean picky eater. She tells me dinner smells and she hates it in no uncertain terms and then demands something more to her liking. If I have a choice, I'm going to love the nice picky eater over the mean one.
Calvin has big ears. Which is why that second monkey on my blog banner is meant to be Calvin, because that monkey has big ears too. One really nice thing about Calvin is, he seems to really like his ears. It makes things easier for everybody, I think.
Calvin loves to read. Sometimes I make fun of him for reading books like Nancy Drew, but really, the kid is still in 4th grade and he has read every book he can get his hands on. He's kind of running out of age-appropriate options. But still, it's fun to tease him.
Calvin really enjoys stupid jokes. Sometimes we crack ourselves up telling stupid jokes to each other. We pretend they are really hilarious and witty. This drives Sid nuts, which naturally leads to more enjoyment on our part. There may be nothing funnier than making Sid crazy, as we pretend our dumb jokes are comic genius. If there is something more funny out there, we sure haven't found it.
Calvin is a really nice kid. More than a few parents have mentioned to me they would be more than happy to take him, in the event of something horrible and unmentionable happening to me and Pie. Please note that no such kind offers have ever come in relating to any of my other children. That says something, right? So no, Calvin doesn't cut his own hair or chase the girls or embarrass me publicly. But I'm okay with that.
8 comments:
oh calv. i love this kid. i do miss the chubbiness though, he was a very cute baby.
by the way... we totally get him (or any others) in such an event, come on. sister dibs.
i loved watching tommy with the gator toy with his blinky little eyes as he pushed down the teeth. but, alas it was too ouchy. kind of a wimp.
i am also deathly afraid of jack in the boxes (not the fastfood- though i should be more scared since that actually has killed people) but, i have the same reaction opening a can of croissants, do you feel that way? I hate the suspense- knowing it will pop but not knowing when. if nic is home, i ask him to do it.
i'm scared of jack in the boxes, too. but also, i'm really afraid of things popping. like cans of biscuits. same thing, i reckon.
i mostly wanted to tell you that i (and your brother, though mostly by default) have become increasingly addicted to the green shake. i must say, i truly love the idea of getting all my veggies a) in one fell swoop, and b) without having to taste them. thanks for the idea.
Well, I am much obliged. I wish I was still drinking them! I guess I need warmer weather. But warmer or not, come January I think I'm going to follow your example and eat like a grown up again (I know, you've all heard this before).
See what you have done? Now people reading this blog comment on your other blog because we can't NOT comment since you are a funny gal and apparently so are your kids. I especially enjoyed rocker-Jos and her intent on being the best burper ever. We've had that conversation in our house too. Tommy is too cute for words. Do you think he'll follow more in Calvin's footsteps? Everyone needs a Calvin. It allows us to write posts like my last one..cause man, if we feel it for just even a second, we have to remember that feeling and write it down to get us through the long days!
Julie!! So fun to hear from you and to see your beautiful family! Your kids are adorable!! What an amazing way to all stay in touch! I will stop by often!
Who is this Carrie, she obviously doesn't know your kids. Just kidding, they are fantastic. Santo? that made us laugh for minutes, Julie. MINUTES.
Man, I feel such a need to comment, I have to comment about a comment you left on K's blog. Eating a cheeseball without an exit strategy while looking like Shamu. I'm still crying from laughing up a lung. Please, Julie. Have mercy. Pace your Santo entries so we have a chance to (MEGA-burp) recover.
Seriously, you are the funniest person on the planet. You could sell subscriptions to this stuff. This makes me miss the olden days when we used to hang out at the park reciting our opinions and removing the occational rock from the cheeks of our matching 10 month old boys.
Post a Comment