Hey Kids! Look what I forgot to post! It's a little late, but here is what we did after IHOP on New Year's Day......
Pie went on a bike ride, crashed, got muddy, and asked me to photo document the result. In case you are unaware, crashes are manly and muddy crashes are manlier still.
Judging by that self-satisfied grin on Pie's face....clearly he's not worried about the laundry implications.
So Pie's ride was earlier in the day. But later in the day, we decided to walk up to Highland Point. The kids took their bikes.
Jon, just cooling it on the fence post while everyone is getting ready to ride.
Tommy, on his bike in the dirt parking lot. The bike stayed in the car for the walk, because he wasn't quite ready to ride the whole thing.
Sid, looking like Darth Maul.
And off we go! I was a bit shouty and high strung at the beginning. I'll admit that. This was the first time the big kids have been up on this trail on bikes, and you know what? My kids are completely ignorant about basic trail etiquette. Thus all the shouting. They will get better at it, right? Right??
Run, Forrest! Run!
Getting Dad in a choke hold.
Not the best picture, but those are the Rocky Mountains.
And then panning to the right, Denver.
And then pulling in a bit, our trail-dusty children. It was a pretty nice day to go for a walk/ride. Thanks for dragging us all out there, Dad.
14 comments:
Hey, it's pretty where you live! And you guys must have the winters like we do here, where it plays with your emotions, 60 degrees one day, 30 the next. Oh stop toying with me old man winter. Get out of here you dumb....season. (Name that quote!)
I'm jealous that no one is wearing a heavy jacket! Looks like your #1 got over his IHOP 'tude. Don't you love the parenting ride? Great photos. I agree, you do live in a pretty place and I dream of Wayne relocating there someday.
I applaud you for getting out and doing outdoors stuff like that when jackets are required. We live 10 mi. from the coast and very seldom make it down there for a stroll along the beach even during the 70 degree winter months! Shameful. Fun ride, great crash and cute photos. I can't believe J hasn't lost any teeth yet at 7 1/2! Do you eat organic (I know you don't)? I'm wondering if the hormones in our food are causing my Lexie to grow up before my very eyes.
plans for your trip to visit us:
american idol
biggest loser
lost (we'll get you addicted)
the office
30 rock
obama day!
america's best dance crew (you're going to love it)
closing escrow (great film)
playing with daphne
getting you off your diet: wingers, frozen custard and of course, a cupcake from the cocoa bean.
late nights. late mornings.
sounds great huh? get excited.
3 days in a row wearing your pants and they get bigger. I laughed so hard. I need to try that one... You are hilarious!
Loved the manly pic of Pie all dirty from his bikeride. You should tell him that girls don't get dirty b/c we don't fall off. :)
thanks for the tribute blog- and its not even my birthday. yay! less than 24 hours till fun time!
You're welcome. I think I'll force you to watch Mighty B as payment. Mwuhahah...
How fun!!!
julie- yes it was very fun and i liked your recap. oh, and it is just daphne, not us, that makes us look like good parents. we just got lucky i guess (heaven knows i don't deserve it!)
on a side note, apparently i'm still fat. i don't see it when i look in the mirror but def. in pictures- such as the one posted on your blog. so sad. damn that caramel corn.(i finished it this morning and when nic woke up i had a piece stuck to my robe- classy!)
Sooo glad you're back. Enough snuggle...come and be miserable like the rest of us.
Kirsten! That made me sad, what you said about looking fat....you'll notice I didn't steal the picture of me that you have on your blog...but cut yourself some slack, lady. Your baby is barely 3 weeks old. And I really enjoyed the caramel corn stuck to the bath robe story. You are one classy broad.
I can't believe Sid. He is such a teenager, what happened? We went to IHOP yesterday and it was so good, except I ate the never ending pancakes and was painfully stuffed the rest of the day. We are hoping to come to Denver in March to see everyone. I will keep you posted.
Ummm...this commenting system sucks. Cuz I really want to comment on your other blog. Your last Sunday post was nothing short of brilliant. And here was the amazing part...we had the exact same topic (reverence during sacrament meeting) on the very same week. And here I just thought it was because our sacrament meeting is typically louder than a high school cafeteria. Hmmmm.
All right Sarah, since you asked real special nice. It was really never my intention to annoy friends and alienate people. And you know what? Sticking to yer guns can get boring as heck.
Post a Comment