"I'm gonna be RICH!"
At school today Jon lost his front right tooth. When he was saying the "hurry up, bus is coming" prayer this morning before the bus pulled up, I thought to myself as I looked at Jon's tooth--fairly perpendicular with looseness in his mouth--"That tooth is going to fall right out of his head during lunch." And sure enough, the floppy tooth fell out right in the middle of math boxes (post lunch). Oh Jubilation! Having already lost his bottom two teeth, Jon was really feeling the social pressure to lose one of the "biggies". Mission accomplished! Never mind that we are in SECOND GRADE and still only on our 3rd tooth. (And please for the love of St. Pete do not ask Josie if she has lost any of her teeth. It is a rather touchy subject.)
Most of you are aware of the prodigious gap between Jon's front teeth. I believe Google Earth has a picture.... He gets that from Grandma Pedersen, by way of me. It is the kind of gap that makes you wish for a few wisdom teeth to crowd in. Anyway, we have been looking forward to the time when Jon would get his grown up set. Big Chiclets teeth are what we have been praying for. But in the mean time, his smile looks like it could well fit an entire set of dentures.....
*This evening I encouraged Jon to loosen up his front left tooth--which was a bit loosey-goosey as well. He worked and worked as only a man who knows he will be handsomely paid for the effort can work. So what's a little blood when we are talking about cash money? The best part? Next week he will be giving a class presentation (in full costume) as General George Washington. It's going to be adorable....
**Josie is jealous, but still able to share with me her thoughts on the Tooth Fairy:
"The tooth fairy is a guy. He looks just like Santa except his beard is brownish instead of white. He has wings but doesn't wear bells, and can fly."
I don't know, Josie, your idea of the Tooth Fairy gives me a serious case of the Heebie-Jeebies.
5 comments:
Tell Josie that I didn't lose a single tooth until 3rd grade. Also, tell her that by the time she loses her teeth the tooth fairy might pay more.
I'm picturing the recent Joaquin Phoenix with wings. I'd keep my teeth if I were Jos!
Oh I'm so glad you posted so I had something to laugh hard at! I'm picturing that old guy with the long beard from the Simpsons. And it's noble of Josie to overcome her jealousy to paint such a vivid picture. PLEASE take lots of pictures of the father of our country for a future post!!
Hey, how's your tooth? Ben told me what happened. Crazy!!!!
Hey Valesca--you are totally welcome to borrow that costume! Call me.
Post a Comment