Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Readers Digest Version

What follows is a buncha buncha stuff that we have done over the last few weeks all smooshed together into one coherent wad of multi-media. Enjoy!

Previously, on "Famous Americans", Josie and Jon were preparing for their big day. This is that big day:

Jon, post-presentation, awaiting the thronging masses eager to ask him--General George Washington--such fascinating details of his life like "Where were you born?" and "When did you die?" and "Jon! Jon! Jon!" (shouted by Tommy during the l-e-n-g-t-h-y podcast broadcast, while sitting on my lap 2 feet from General Washington)


Helen Keller, holding the beloved doll from her childhood. (Our best approximation is an old Raggedy Ann doll wearing Rainbow Bright's jaunty frock. Hey, bringing naked dolls to class is frowned upon, even by the blind and deaf.)



And that concludes the "Famous Americans" portion of our post. Now on to last week's trip to the rec center pool with Aunt Kirsten, Uncle Nic and Daphne. (Plus me and Calvin, Josie and Jon, even though we aren't in the pictures.)

Tommy got himself dressed in his swimming togs about an hour before we left the house. Do I need to mention how awesome his feet smell in those boots?


Of all of my children, Tommy has most completely perfected the blank stare.

Uncle Nic and Baby Daphne. The water was a bit cold and yet still Daphne has the wherewithal to look cute in her teeny bikini. She is like a professional baby.


Swimming at the pool was no discount affair--free for us Konchars, certainly--but the Binghams had to fork out $6.75 per adult. And then once we all changed and the kids finally jump in, the whistle blew for Adult Swim five minutes after we got in the water. Adult Swim is a concept Tommy finds incomprehensible. I agree. After sitting out shivering for our 10 minutes, we all jumped back in the pool just to be informed that someone (but not us) pooped in the log pool (I am not making this up) and that both the log pool and the lazy river would now be closed for the next 24 hours. So that just left us with the hot tub and the cold pool, plus the water aerobics pool in the other room (complete with Swim Cap Granny doggy paddling while floating on a noodle). We opted for the hot tub while the kids splashed around in the cold pool. I looked over at them every so often, but honestly, the Life Guard Dude seemed to be whistling at them just fine on his own and didn't need my help whatsoever.
On Saturday we had a baby shower for Kirsten at my mom's house. It was great. I didn't take any pictures because I forgot to bring my camera. I felt like a doofus until my mom admitted that she also forgot to take any pictures and she had put her camera out on the piano so she wouldn't forget to use it. That is COMPLETELY doofy. But she is forgiven because she pretty much did all the work and hosted a fabulous party full of delicious food we all enjoyed. So, no hard feelings. Alas, no pictures either.
Monday night and we had to say goodbye to Grams, Pie's mom. We got her for 2 delightful weeks of visiting and me not having to do the dishes. Grams is the best. We miss her. Plus the kitchen is now starting to stink.

Here we are saying goodbye in our "serious" picture.


Here is our "I'm crazy. Go Crazy" shot. That Grams, she so crazy.


And then just yesterday we had to say goodbye to Kirsten, Nic and Daphne. We were seriously bummed....


We are going to miss these people like crazy!


So. That is what we have been up to. What have you been doing?

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I can smell the stinky boot feet from here! What a cure little niece you have!

shayla said...

Wow, that was a lot of catching up--nearly a month's worth on two blogs. Don't know how you do it, missy. I'm quite impressed by your little biz. I've been thinking in that etsy direction too...you'll have to let me know how your profit margin is. And that baby Daphne...total little babydoll. Watch out for this beauty! Your kids make the best faces-ever. Are those ER people thinking you have a bunch of monkeys at home? I think they've written down your phone number by now! That's some sore luck! Good to see ya again...I've missed you:)

rebecca said...

Reading this makes CO sound all the better. I would love to be able to get together with family more often. I know I love my independence too...so CO is perfect:)
Find Wayne a job, will you, in between baby sling orders and ER visits?
As for what I've been up too...things have shaken up a bit here. I moved from Primary (can you hear my bawling!) to RS (still bawling!). I'm EN counselor, so that's fun, but as I sit in RS I hear the primary children sing and I feel the urge to walk out and sit in sharing time. I'm learning and am making fun plans...new adventure for sure.
I've been blog-slacking & starting to play catch up too. I'm wishing I could take a Hawaii break like Shayla, our spoiled friend:)