Recipe for a good time:
Sugar cookie dough chillin in the fridge--and lots of it!
Five children and one husband home bound during a blizzard.
A variety of technicolored frostings and sprinkles.
It all adds up to a sugar-fueled good time. Special thanks to the weather on Thursday for providing me with a reason to eat like a kid again. (Another story entirely. Although I greatly enjoyed spending the day eating nothing but sugar, I paid the price for such indulgences later on with a raging headache and the overwhelming urge to throw up.)
Everybody got to pick out 10 cookie cutters. After cutting and baking, these cookies were theirs for the eating. I am not going to lie to you, the cookies also functioned as dinner for many of us.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
A Sugar Hangover
A table full of cookies.
Decorating, when done properly, takes a lot of time. We had plenty of time.
Posted by My Five Little Monkeys at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
sounds like yummy indoor entertainment, and hey, if they can remotely enjoy passing the time together, then all the better! After reading this I checked the forecast for next week to see if your storm is coming our way. We're in for lots of rain, but no snow (if the weather man is right). So, my sprouting bulbs can be spared the shock of a spring blizzard. Happy shoveling:)
"You're like the best mom ever!" Isn't that what your kids are constantly telling you? Cause I think you are.
Aw Shay, that's sweet. What a fun idea I had!...I think as I find little colored sprinkles/sugar all over my house DAYS after the blizzard.
I'm a BIG fan of the Dairy Queen Blizzard. In fact, if it were not for my current state of self-inflicted sugar deprivation, I would use all of my persuasive powers (and they are legendary) to get Sterling to drive to our closest Dairy Queen (20 minutes away) and bring home Snicker Blizzards. He would, of course, comply because he enjoys the Blizzard even more than I do. If that's possible. But NO. I can't have a blizzard. Because I'm chubby. And a martyr.
Have I mentioned I detest chubby martyrs?
Mother of the year award right there!!!
I can't beleive it's still snowing like that! I am so glad it's been warm here but soon will be wishing I was there where it's cooler.
Jewels, this story reminds me of the time you and I made sugar cookies... I consumed a sick amount of dough - I just started eating them again... 20 years later. :) How do we nominate you for mommy of the year anyway?
Post a Comment