We Konchars sure have been busy these past few months:
First, we did this to the Doll House.
And then the night before we moved in, this huge thunderhead was brewing. No, we didn't get hit with the ensuing hail storm, but somebody did. (I am including this photo strictly because it is pretty cool.)
Although we missed that act of God, earlier in the week we were the victims of a faulty appliance. This is a picture of our basement, sitting on towels in our Living Room. The Tuesday before the Saturday we moved, our sump pump up and died and flooded the basement with nearly 3 inches of water. If you do not know what a sump pump is, please be grateful for your ignorance (and the fact that you live in a place that doesn't need them.) I was close to hysterics for about 5 minutes, until I realized we would have so much less stuff to move now that the water had damaged so much of our treasured crap.
Mmm, brownies. Is there anything they can't do?
We put the Big House up on the market. Know anyone interested in 5400 square feet of mortgage payment?
The cleanest our kitchen has ever been. Seriously. Sometimes I head over to the Big House just to hang out in someplace spotless.
Now that we have moved, the Three Middles get to ride their bikes to school.
All the boys got buzzes. Including Sid. He hates it. I'm beginning to hate this cap of his. I'm pretty sure he sleeps with it on.
So there you go (Ashley), some recent things we did or things that got done to us. I'll be back again soon, I promise.
3 comments:
Oh, I would love to have a CO job that could put us in your old house, although the thought of keeping up with 5400 sq ft isn't appealing to me. I hope it sells quickly; it's gorgeous!
We had a sump pump in my house growing up. We had floods and it was not fun, esp. when my dad was out of town and my mom had to try to bail us out, then had to call the fire dept. to pump the water out of our basement/yard. The yard was a couple feet deep in water. From the house it was level and then there were was a hill, so the level part was more like a valley waiting for rain, so it could be filled with water for us to boogie board on. Fun for us kids, but I'm sure a complete nightmare for my poor parents.
oh how i miss you. but not for long.. i won't be missing you at all in TWO DAYS!!!
thanks for writing a post for my friend.
Thank you. It's about time.
I was only mad because I missed the hilarity.
Post a Comment