This picture is my photographic proof that Sid is still alive, in good spirits and hasn't wasted away to nothing/been eaten by a bear on his 50 mile hike through the wilds of the Rocky Mountains.
Last night Pie drove up for "family dinner" to meet the hikers and share a meal. He also took the boys their pre-packed replacement items--extra batteries, meals and socks/underwear that were purposely left out of their packs on Saturday to save weight and space. As the phrase "family dinner" implies, the families were invited to the meal. We didn't go--we being me and the kids. This was an (unpopular) executive decision on my part. The drive was over 2 1/2 hours each way and my kids are in school, as you remember. Pie left at 2:15 yesterday and arrived back home at 10:00 last night. As much as I missed Sid, I know I made the right choice. (Don't judge me.)
Apparently my little less-than-enthusiastic hiker is having a great time. Other than a slight sunburn he seems to be suffering none of the ills we were all so worried about--getting eaten by mosquitoes, feet horribly disfigured by blisters, starving from lack of junk food (I sent my regards and a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos up the mountain with Pie). And according to his leaders, Sid is tearing up the trails. It's just as I suspected. He gets his incredible physical prowess from me, you know.
1 comments:
can i go next year? sounds fun! i judge you for not going...you're smart. why would you want to drive for 5 hours to see a kid who stinks?
Post a Comment