He's home. He's alive. He's pretty darn proud of himself.
He's also filthy. (That was a white t-shirt when he left.)
2
comments:
Michelle Daurio
said...
HI!!!!! I found you! I stalked you and I found you! And I'm a computer idiot so this truly is amazing! Your family is beautiful and you are hilarious. I don't have a blog. Like I said, I'm lame. But for you I just might start one : ) I heart the Konchars!
Michelle! I think about you guys all the time. And you better start a blog--Don't taunt me, woman! Come back soon and visit my other blog--it is the link labeled "my other blog". It's just like this one but snarkier.
Our original plan of producing an abundant crop of children to cook our meals and clean our home having somehow gone awry, we find ourselves blessed instead with a pack of wild monkeys who are picky eaters and ardent mess-makers. But on the plus side, they do make us laugh.
Married 15 years, word nerds, late-comers to the 24 party
Sid
First, insatiable, money waster
Calvin
Second, quiet, book lover
Josie
Third, climber, artistic mess maker
Jon
Fourth, snuggler, note taker
Tommy
Fifth, sturdy, deed doer
Things that Josie says...
Someday I will write a book filled with all of the funny, strange, scratch-your-head things that my girl Jos has said. And it's title will be something she said to me when she was four. "My Hands Call Me Bronco, But They Know My Name Is Josie"
During her potty training: "Mom, the pee isn't ready to come out yet. It has to get it's shoes on."
When she was in Kindergarten: "I will never marry. I don't like it when boys say nice things to me."
Recently, while snuggling me in bed: Jos: "Mom, Dad is so cute" Me: "Uhm Humm" Jos, almost angrily insistant: "No, I mean seriously, he is adorable!" Me: "I know!" Jos: "I mean, turtle head! How cute is that?"
After hanging out with her cousin, Mark's 4 mo daughter Mia: "Mom, that baby is like, stinkin cute."
She told me when she grows up, she wants to be a pirate, a jungle explorer and a fry cook. She also wants to be a daddy, because she says "Being a mommy is too much work!" (Yeah, Dad, busted!)
Josie, disenchanted with the rotten 2 year old behavior of Tommy: "Mom, I really love Tommy, I just don't want to spend time with him anymore." Ahh, already preparing for motherhood.
Josie was describing for me what our two teenage neighbors smell like. "Ethan always smells like that armpit lotion that teenager boys use (I'm guessing she means he smells like Axe), and Erin always smells like bubble gum, even when there isn't any in her mouth."
While at Home Depot, she said, "I am noticing this store is full of Old People. But they look good...for old people."
During a long day in the car on our way to California, Josie was naming off all the pets she will have when she grows up. In addition to a fox, a donkey and an oppossom, she will have a rabbit named "Joey the Carrot"
Same long drive, between the state line to Barstow, Josie sees one of those refineries out in the middle of complete wasteland and she complains: Why would anyone want to build a space station here out in the middle of the desert?!
Josie says "Sometimes I annoy myself and sometimes I scare myself."
Josie observes with some disappointment: "Mom, I don't actually think my elbow has that great of a sense of humor."
Last night Josie walked in to the office and casually asked me, "Mom, how come life has to be so difficult and disappointing and sad?" If only she were much, much older and could date that really depressed comedian, I thought.
After tucking her into bed, Josie called me back to tell me a secret. Her secret? "Mom, I really hate polygons. Circles are my favorite and I love stars, but polygons? Ewwwww!"
While smelling a bottle of vanilla in the kitchen, Josie asked me if vanilla tastes good. "Yes", I replied, "but you wouldn't want to just drink it like that, it smells fantastic but tastes horrible." She said "Oh, like that soap in the guest bathroom."
Holding her newest ribbon on the way home from gymnastics the other day: "This ribbon's name is Donald."
While watching some commercial where a man and a woman are kissing, "Mom! Aren't you glad you only had to do that ONE TIME!!!"
2 comments:
HI!!!!! I found you! I stalked you and I found you! And I'm a computer idiot so this truly is amazing! Your family is beautiful and you are hilarious. I don't have a blog. Like I said, I'm lame. But for you I just might start one : ) I heart the Konchars!
Michelle! I think about you guys all the time. And you better start a blog--Don't taunt me, woman! Come back soon and visit my other blog--it is the link labeled "my other blog". It's just like this one but snarkier.
Post a Comment